Monday 17 June 2013

Magpie Monday


I had a Magpie moment last week; I spotted a scarf in the window of my local charity shop, so I pop in to have a look as you do, it was alas not what I was looking for so I walk out of the shop thinking “oh that jug looks nice” but as I was on my way to pick up the tinies from school I thought no will pop back tomorrow and purchase it.  So I walk out of the shop, then I has that “no if I don’t buy it now it will be purchase by someone else” moment.  And yes I went back into the shop.  In the mean time the shop assistant has put out this:-

 



 

(purchased without the thread on, I just could not wait to get the thread rack home and put all my cotton reels on it in colour order).
 
So I quickly pick it up and paid for it, as it was to go a bargain to walk pass.  And I did buy the jug.

 



 
  

I must confess that when I proudly show this new jug to hubby, their was a little eye roll from him.  You see I must take this moment to confess to having a small'ish collection of jugs and crockery.  So a new jug was adds to the collection, as you can see this has a vintage look to it, it is nice and heavy and has a lid to prevent slippages.  

The bargains last week did not stop there, best of all was a surprise eBay purchase made by hubby of an Outwell Vermont tent.  More of that later in the week.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That reel holder is incredible, and I know exactly which shop you got it in too! Damn!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky to go in when I did concedering all the crafters in the area.

    ReplyDelete